Forms of hosting services
A hosting service involves saving and/or sharing particular web content on a server administered by a web hosting provider. There are different varieties of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a look at these. Thus, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you wish to establish a weblog, email addresses, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a service made available by particular vendors, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting solutions are often supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular span of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly distorted explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the tasks at hand between individual packs of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web site hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a sort of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; specific distributors provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is good if you want to share a vast number of pictures with mates or partners since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to managing your email mailbox accounts. Some distributors provide hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an email solution. If you would like to possess a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of videos and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to operate as many videos as you want without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to keep a site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At QTLabs Inc., for example, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limitations based on the type of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared with the standard email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for specific web content only.